Clown Tear Junkies

Clown Tear Junkies - Douglas Hackle My mind is blown. Literally. It needs a new fuse -sleep- before I can absorb any other information without twisting it into a Douglas Hackle tale.

This read is like those psychedelic colors on that new Scooby-Doo show that zoom in, out, rotate, and play Jedi mind tricks on your brain.

I have never read anything like this. The characters in these stories were so freakin' far beneath/beyond normal stupidity that you can't help but feel sorry for them, root for them, or in my case, laugh at them uproariously with donkey-like guffaws. Did that makes sense? It doesn't matter because it's okay to be weird when you've consumed the clown tears in-between these pages.

There were lots of movie references that endeared me even more to these stories. One of my favorites being; The Thing. The Jeepers Creepers tidbit gets an honorable mention.

I learned new words. That's always a bonus when a writer teaches you something new. One of those words is "sterd." No, I'm not telling you. You'll have to get the book to find out.

Once you read these stories you'll know; your grandpa is your daddy, dialing 811 will hurt you bad, how to resurrect your loved ones, why your ID needs an ID, what it takes to be Irish, and how a backslash can kick your ass.

Warning:
There's mention of a big blue di*k that the reader can suck on if something is not to their liking. Hopefully, you'll down some clown tears, relax, and enjoy this read for what it is...weird.

*An Arc of this read was given to me for an honest review*

This, and other genre reviews can be found at http://ravenousreads.blogspot.com/