Written In Red: A Novel of the Others

Written in Red - Anne Bishop With these lips
a truth be told.
And any who shall over-hear.
Let them make haste to
change the future near.
For these words do condemn
even the mightiest of men.

by Nikki

2 1/2 Stars

I don't know what to think of this one. The idea of humans being prey, settling in a world that is run by the Others who are vampires, wolves, Winter, and were-bears, who only put up with humans to take advantage of their technology and comforts, is a wonderful one. Even the cast of characters are great, but the pacing, the overly tediousness of the read was too much.

There is a girl who can cut herself and get visions of the future who starts out being held captive by a group of people who train and sell people like her for people who are willing to pay a great deal.

She's a shell of a human, only being taught what she need to know to describe her vision to her patrons.

One day she decide to escape and comes upon the Other's territory where they don't treat her as human prey because she is different. Soon she has the whole community willing to protect her as the people who kept her prisoner want her back. And they'll do it by any means necessary and that includes upsetting the fragile peace between the Others and humans.

It sounds great, but it just didn't excite me. I'm glad I got I got it from the library.