The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)

The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1) - L.A. Witt Exactly how not to start a threesome. This read was all wrong for me and I feel compelled to explain why due to the fact that Witt was/is? on auto-buy. Usually when I read Witt I get so invested in her characters that I love when they love, hurt when they hurt, and feel what they feel. I can honestly say I felt no happiness for Ian, Darius, Selena, or Levi. Just a sad sense of acceptance. A "this is how it is so let's move on." Every conversation "told" me what Selena gave up so that Levi and Ian could be happy, what Darius felt towards Ian, why Levi felt betrayed, and how they all were going to get over it. This was a hot mess and I have to say I would not buy a sequel. I care not a smidgen about their futures. The scene when Levi, Darius, and Ian are all in the hotel room just didn't sit right. Darius and Levi were an easy way to end that conflict. I am still feeling bewildered as to how this book was supposed to make the reader feel. A drawn out read without enough substance. Not recommended.