Charming (Pax Arcana)

Charming - Elliott James 4 1/2 Stars

John Charming hasn't had an easy life. He's a knight charged with keeping the supernaturals under wraps. There's a spell, The Pax Arcana, that prevents humans from registering otherworldly things. The supernatural community is a secret that is getting harder and harder to keep. This, of course, includes himself. Shunned for being half werewolf, his own kind hunts him for the monster he could one day be.
John's learned to be a loner. He knows trouble follows him so that's the way he likes it. He keeps a job as a bartender at the local watering hole which helps him keep an ear-to-the ground for any wrong-doing. One night, a blonde and a vampire walk into his bar, thus changing his loner status.
This read is filled with absorbing characters. Molly was my favorite; an original and quirky person. I sailed through this witty, humorous, emotional roller-coaster of a read. There were awesome fights scenes, backstabbing, bickering, and some hilarious one-liners. This was definitely my type of story. A great urban fantasy read. I hope the author is already done with book 2 (please let there be one) so I can dive back into the world of Charming. A job well done.

*This book was offered by Netgalley for an honest review*