Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch)

Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch, #2) - SJD Peterson I liked Peterson's realism in the first book, but this read did a 180 and so did my opinion. I did not like it. It actually bothers me to type that. I really felt no romance even though it ended with a HEA. It was not satisfying in the least. Jess had this bitch-like mentality that pissed me off. I don't care if he knew Lorcan loved Quinn, it just wasn't right how the plot was set and having the accident was too convenient for him to excuse himself from the dog race. Lorcan, took my dislike to another level by feeling "guilty" over his feeling and "sad" for Jess. Lorcan said in the beginning of the book that he would NOT give up Jess for Quinn and that is exactly what he does. If you really loved someone like he claimed to love Jess he would have found a way. Quinn still came on like an uber-asshole and only reaffirmed that belief with how things ended with Ty. Ty, however knew the deal, but Lorcan should not have incorporated him into the farm and whatnot if it was nothing serious. You don't invite your bootie calls home to meet the family. Also, there was a lot of excessive "talking". I'm only ranting because I wanted to love this. I know not all romance is smooth sailing, and I don't wear rose-colored glasses, but there at least has to be something worth fighting for. Nobody belonged solely to another and that makes it really hard to care or find any of the relationships genuine. I don't care for whips and flogs so I'll be skipping Ty's story. Damn.